- Every little effort you can make toward building a better backyard — or front yard — will make your outside time that much more enjoyable.
- Adding some curated plants pulls together your outdoor space.
- Garden beds with flowers make any outdoor space look gorgeous.
- Set aside a section of your garden for herbs or plant pots on the deck.
Trellis with ivy or roses
- Climbing plants can be woven into trellises.
Bug Zapper or Spray
- Zappers, candles, and other insect-mitigation tools keep biters away.
- You can lounge more easily with suitable furniture.
Pillows/blankets suitable for outside
- Weather-friendly accessories for warmth and comfort.
A Fire Pit
- Provide a spark of something extra with a fire pit.
A Water Feature
- Add a fountain or make lawn upkeep easier with sprinklers.
A Message Board by the Front Door
- Tired of missing people? Your front door needs a message center.
Light Fixtures by the Door
- Modernize your outside with new light fixtures.
- Solar lights lining garden paths – Solar lights or fairy lights give your yard ambiance after dark.
Shades to Protect From the Sun
- Patio umbrellas or retractable shades protect from the sun.
- Stash lawn and garden tools, games, and more.
- Establish a space to store drinks, ice to keep them cold — or even a wet bar for mixing.
- Make your outdoor space a bird haven by adding a birdbath.
- Feeding birds is another great way to entice your avian friends to flit around the yard.
- A sweet little picket fence can delineate your yard and make it all look nicer.
Whether you want fresh fruit or some shade, consider adding a tree.